Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mr. Linky Party at Misti's

Misti over at Studio M Designs is having a Mr. Linky party today for our childhood bedrooms. I looked and looked but this was all I could find. My home & my parents home were destroyed in Hurricane Andrew in 1992 so I only have about half or less of our family photos. But I did find this picture of me all tucked into my wonderful white canopy bed. Oh, how I loved this canopy bed. The funny thing is that I had so wanted to find a room photo with my favorite all time toy EVER..... The green worm , romper worm I think it was called?? I was excited to find this.
Visit Misti at http://studiomdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/04/our-childhood-bedrooms-my-first-linky.html to participate in the linky fun!! It's her first party so give her some support please!

In my early years my mom had decorated my room in white lace. White furniture, white everything. It was a very princessy room & I loved it.


And then I grew into a teen crazy for Duran Duran!! I just knew I was going to grow up and marry the bass guitarist. Funny, I can't even remember his name now.


As a teen I covered every single inch from the top of the baseboards to the ceiling in Duran Duran posters. I even took photos of my posters and framed the photos on my dresser. I wore the pins on my clothes. Ah, good times. I just remembered!!! His name was John. Yes, I was going to marry John. My favorite song was Save a Prayer. My least favorite song was "Hungry Like The Wolf" because it had that woman making sex moaning noises & it never failed to come on when I was in the car with my Dad. EEWWW!!! Yuk. My room remained covered with Duran Duran until I moved out & grandma moved in!! Poor mom.

2 comments:

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Thanks Jennifer! That is just horrible that your childhood home was destroyed! Glad you have some photos still. I bet your room was very pretty. Duran Duran was a big hit for me too, I remember them hitting it big when I was in 7th grade. Everybody in the school had their posters in the lockers and covering their textbooks! Thank you for taking the time to play along, I just knew I would be the only one out there LOL!

~Tell Mike hello for me...
~Misti

Yasna said...

Oh gosh, Duran Duran...every girl just loved them!